Deadline for application: 19 May 2022
Conference Grants (up to 1500 Euro) are aimed at supporting young researcher and/or innovators(age below 40)from participating Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC*) to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organized by the COST Action. At this open call we will award persons that will present an abstract at the 59th ERA Congress 2022(poster or oral).
* ITC (Inclusiveness Target Countries): Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia,, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
- The Applicant must be a young researcher and/or innovators, with age below 40.
- The Applicant’s primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC (Inclusiveness Target Country). The ITCs are as follows: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey
- The Applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference program. The main subject of the oral presentation / posterpresentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action CONNECT and must acknowledge COST (see COST Vademecum Section 10, page 39). Congresses within the same nation of the applicant are also eligible.
The participation of each Applicant will be pre-approved by the MC of the COST Action CONNECT.
The ITC grant covers up to 500E for Conference fee and up to 1000E for living/travel expenses (maximum 160E per day regarding the living expenses).
How to apply?
To apply for a Conference Grant within the CONNECT Cost Action (CA19127):
- Submit an ITC grant application using e-COST https://e-services.cost.eu/.If you do not already have an e-COST account you will first need to ‘create an account’ – which will include providing the details of the bank account where the grant will be lodged if your ITC grant application is approved and the ITC successfully completed.
The ITC application requires the following documents: CV, description of involvement in the CONNECT COST action, acceptance letter of the abstract, copy of the abstract
- Download the pdf of the completed ITC grant application from e-cost. Send thispdfto ITC Conference Grants Manager Dr. Ana Carina Ferreira (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline
The ITC Conference Grants Manager pre-evaluates all submitted applications in the context of their compatibility and relevance with the topic of the Action. The Grants Manager also checks if the applicant is below 40 years of age.
The result of the pre-approval is the ranking list and the actual number of applications to be funded is determined by the available budget. The ITC Conference Grants Manager confirms available funding with the Grant Manager, and informs successful Applicants about the result of the pre-approval.
The Applicants that were successful during the pre-approval must then formally submit their applications via e-COST.
Action Chair approves the applications that have been successfully pre-approved.
The Grant Holder sends the grant letter.
Before filling the application, please consult the ITC Conference Grant rules in the COST Vademecum at Section 9 (page 37). With any further questions please contact ITC Conference Grants Manager Ana Carina Ferreira, MD (email@example.com).